Keeping active during Coronavirus
Victorians should act now to reduce the risk of infection from coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The situation is changing rapidly so please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website regularly for updated information.
If you’re feeling well, regular physical activity is great for your mental and physical health.
- Try a free workout on YouTube. There are options for all fitness levels, from yoga and strength workouts to Pilates and high intensity interval training (HIIT).
- Our This Girl Can – Victoria ambassador Sana has some great tips on exercising at home.
- Try an interactive online class – personal trainers, dance instructors and other qualified fitness professionals are using platforms like Facebook Live and Zoom to get people active. This provides social connection too.
- Create a strength routine using cans/jars of food or filled water bottles as weights. Grab your weights and do bicep curls, squats and lunges.
- Run, walk or star jump on the spot for 30 seconds to get your heart rate up a bit.
- If you are feeling well and not in quarantine it’s ok to go outside to exercise. Walk, run, cycle, kick the footy, throw a frisbee or whack a cricket ball. Remember to stay 1.5 metres away from other people and avoid touching your face. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you return indoors.
Can we go to the park? Or walk the dog?
- The risk COVID-19 poses to the health of Victorians is extremely serious and real and we need all Victorians to do their part to save lives.
- It’s really important that we keep our distance from other people when we leave the house.
- It’s fine to go to the park – but stay away from crowds and keep a safe 1.5 metre distance from others.
- It’s ok to take your dog for a walk – but avoid crowded streets and keep a 1.5 metre distance from others.
- We need people to use common sense and when you get home wash your hands.
Our ambassadors have shared how they got into different kinds of sports to get active and feel good. Here’s some activities you can try to help get you started.
Do any of these activities interest you?
The activities listed here are just a few ideas to get you started. Remember, there are many more sports and activities than what you see on this page. Keep trying things until you find something that suits you.